We designed the Rocky Talkie for outdoor enthusiasts to have reliable communication in extreme conditions. With that being said, we are finding they have made the lives of our Denver-based team a little easier and safer during the pandemic. While you may not be out on an epic adventure, tackling a multi-pitch climb or dropping into a backcountry line right now, you can still use your Rocky
Talkie to stay connected. I hope these simple tips that our team regularly employs can help you stay connected and healthy!
1. Exercising at a distance with your friends.
To reduce our risk while grocery shopping we have started to use sticky notes for our grocery lists and Rocky Talkies to communicate throughout the store. The best part is Rocky Talkies can be easily disinfected when you get home. We did design them to be rain and snow proof after all, so lather on that Clorox! We find that using our Rocky Talkies while at the store keeps our cell phones cleaner, and makes it easier for us to coordinate, communicate, and get out of there!
4. Just for fun!
- Chat with your fellow Rocky Talkie neighbors and friends! The Rocky Talkie will get up to 1 mile of range in a metro-area, and can transmit approximately 20 floors in a high-rise apartment straight up/down. Test it out, chat with your friends, and let us know how they do!
- Play I Spy with your neighbor from your window/patio. “I spy with my two eyes something green...”
- Flip through your channels to see if any other Rocky Talkie users are on the line. Sure this may take up a lot of time, but what else do you have going on? Plus, you might be surprised to find a new friend!
- Scare your roommate! Have you ever hidden a radio under someone’s bed? Sounds like a terrible idea, and it probably is, but it could be funny?
- Use them to entertain your kids. We built the radios to be super durable, so put them to the test! Plus, I am sure by now you need a break.