Director of Brand
This position is now filled.
Location: US Remote
Salary: $80,000 to $110,000 / year (range based on experience)
Additional Benefits: Employee Equity and Healthcare Stipend
Vacation: 4-weeks paid time off
The Rocky Talkie is a backcountry radio that launched in late 2019 (view our product backstory video here). The improvements versus competitive products are numerous: durability, reliability, ease-of-use, size & weight, performance in the cold, etc. The product has a rapidly growing base of happy customers (see reviews here) in the USA and Canada. Although we initially designed it with climbers and skiers in mind, the radio has been adopted by a wide variety of outdoor enthusiasts and commercial applications. Our team has other products in the works for launch in 2022.
Our team is driven every day by the belief that better communication in the backcountry will save lives. As part of this mission, we donate $2 per radio to search and rescue teams around the country. Learn more about our company here.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded, highly creative marketing leader to join us as our fifth full-time employee! This individual will lead brand strategy and be responsible for the management and execution of that strategy. As with any start-up, work with our company is extremely varied, and we are seeking someone who can both contribute to our high level strategy yet enjoys the ongoing hustle of growing our business - trying new ideas and quantifying results, learning more about the industry and customer, and consistently engaging with our partners and community. Clear and engaging writing is important for this role and would help round out our team’s skillset. We are expanding rapidly, and your role will grow along with the company.
Areas of involvement include:
- Brand strategy – Continue to establish Rocky Talkie as the go to radio brand in the outdoor industry.
- Develop compelling marketing campaigns - Lead & execute engaging, scalable campaigns for use throughout our advertising channels and partners.
- Creative strategy - Lead and maintain brand visual strategy. Work with photographers to create world-class photo and video content for use in marketing.
- Partnerships -Establish new brand and influencer partnerships and work with existing partners.
- Outdoor events / trade shows – Identify and help run events such as the AAC Craggin Classic, Ouray Ice Festival, Outdoor retailer, etc.
- Recruiting – Help us continue to build out an all-star team!
- Work with our marketing agency– Articulate the brand strategy and manage ongoing agency relationship & deliverables, including:
- Social Media / Email Marketing / Podcasts – set strategy and edit deliverables from the agency.
- Blog (Organic Posts) – select topics and manage work from outside contributors.
- Advertising – develop and test campaigns.
- 7+ years of experience with product marketing, 3+ years management experience
- Expertise in brand strategy
- Track record of driving brand growth
- Proficient writer and communicator
- Strong leadership skills
- A good eye for quality photography / videography
- Expertise with analytics and metrics
- A high level of energy to rapidly grow with our company
- Detail oriented and organized
- Outdoor sports enthusiast
- Professional outdoor industry experience
- Experience leading social media and email marketing channels
- Software platform experience:
- Paid advertising platforms (Fbook, Google PPC, etc.)
- Graphic design software (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Email marketing (Mailchimp)
- Experience managing photographers / content creators
- Negotiation skills
- Experience with or interest in radios
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Brand Application”:
- Cover letter – please write us a brief letter detailing your interest in the role and our company.
- Work samples – please include examples of your work in a professional context (marketing campaigns, etc.).
We will begin interviews the week of February 7th. There is no deadline for applying as we will be approaching this hire on a rolling basis.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Rocky Talkie Team