Rocky Talkie was founded in 2019 in Denver, Colorado, by longtime friends and adventure partners Bryce Jones and Alex Page. Over the years, the two had witnessed dozens of close calls while rock climbing and skiing—almost always due to poor communication. After searching in vain for a reliable radio that was easy to use, they decided to create their own.
After assembling a team, building prototypes, and working through cycle after cycle of rigorous testing, the Rocky Talkie was born: A radio rugged enough to withstand the elements and keep adventurers connected in the wilderness.
As a company, we pride ourselves on doing things differently:
- We’re committed to using high-quality components, batteries, and materials while still producing an affordable radio.
- We strive to give realistic range and battery life expectations in our marketing.
- Every radio that we sell is hand tested by our team in Denver.
- Our radios are backed by a generous warranty and return policy.
- We’re dedicated to providing responsive and caring customer service so you can get any questions answered in time for your next adventure.
Our team is driven every day by the belief that better communication in the backcountry will save lives. We also understand that accidents can still happen even with perfect communication. That's why we donate $2 per radio to search and rescue teams around the country. Because, at the end of the day, our goal is to give you peace of mind to push your limits doing what you love.