Location: US Remote, part-time
Employment Type: Part-Time Employee or Contractor, depending on state
Compensation: $25-$27 per hour, depending on location
Benefits: Flexible, customizable schedule
Rocky Talkie is a backcountry radio company launched in late 2019 (view our product backstory video here). Over the past few years, we’ve seen the impact that intention-built, reliable communication has made in the outdoor community. In 2023, our focus was to introduce new products to our line-up, including our 5 Watt Radio and waterproof hand mics. Our team is driven daily by the belief that improved communication in the backcountry will save lives. We’re excited to continue developing products as our customer base grows and backcountry comms are desired for new outdoor sports and endeavors!
Our Customer Experience Ethos
Since Rocky Talkie’s origin, our devoted and enthusiastic community has truly been the heart of our business and we view customer service as one of the most strategic parts of our business. We’ve worked hard to cultivate a Customer Support Team that nurtures those vital relationships, provides authentic and helpful support, and is committed to continued education about our products, as well as the outdoor and radio industries. We seek to be a genuine, approachable, and knowledgeable source as folks select the best communication system for their outdoor pursuits.
We are seeking individuals interested in embracing our Customer Experience Ethos as our company rapidly grows! This role is part-time and will likely flex due to seasonality, product launches, and holiday demand. We’re hoping that our additional teammates will bring to the table exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken, thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, and mesh well with our team culture that emphasizes teamwork and collaboration, kindness, and honesty. We have built a reputation for exceeding expectations in our customer support with our level of care and generosity and hope to preserve that mindset, even as we scale.
Our part-time support teammates will be responsible for:
- Basic product questions and advice
- Managing our ever-growing Pro Program
- Assisting customers with shipping issues and requests
- Product issues, such as antenna or battery replacements
- Flexible schedule availability (80 hours\month minimum with the opportunity to pick up hours). Schedule can be loaded to any portion of the month to work around other commitments, ie: guiding multi-day or week trips.
- Exceptional writing, grammar, and communication, both externally with customers and also with remote RT team members (vital for a fully remote work environment)
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- A high level of energy and adaptability to rapidly grow with our company
- Humility, curiosity, and humor
- Experience working in customer service and\or the outdoor industry
- Experience with Shopify
- An outdoor sports enthusiast, bonus points for background in watersports, fishing/hunting, and\or motorsports
- Experience or interest in radios, background in HAM radio
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Support Application”:
- Cover letter or body of the email detailing why you’re interested in this position, how the flexible schedule works for you, and a few sentences about your outdoor or radio hobbies/experience
- Preferred schedule\hours (including Sundays)
- A short recorded video introduction (optional)
Anna (she\her), Customer Experience Manager