The official internal title of this role is TBD.
Location: US Remote
Compensation: $60,000 to $90,000 / year + Equity (range based on experience)
Vacation: 4-weeks paid time off
The Rocky Talkie (our flagship product) is a backcountry radio that launched in late 2019. The improvements versus competitive products are numerous: durability, reliability, ease-of-use (carabiner / leash system), size & weight, performance in the cold, etc. The product has a rapidly growing base of happy customers (see reviews here) in the USA and we just launched in Canada. Although we initially designed it with climbers and skiers in mind, the radio has been adopted by a wide variety of outdoor enthusiasts and commercial applications.
Our team is driven every day by the belief that better communication in the backcountry will save lives. As part of this mission, we donate $2 per radio to search and rescue teams around the country. Learn more about our company here.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded marketer to join us as our fourth full-time employee! This individual will work directly with our president on brand strategy and be responsible for the coordination and execution of many of the aspects of that strategy. As with any start-up, work with our company is extremely varied, and we are seeking someone who can both participate in high level planning yet enjoys the ongoing hustle of growing our business - trying new ideas and quantifying results, learning more about the industry and customer, and consistently engaging with our community. Clear and engaging writing is important for this role and would help round out our team’s skillset. We are expanding rapidly, and your role will grow along with the company. Success in this role could see it evolve into a leadership position managing a team of marketers and content creators.
Areas of involvement include:
- Brand strategy– Help make Rocky Talkie the go to radio brand in the outdoor industry.
- Community Engagement- Write clear, compelling copy to engage with and grow our social media and email marketing channels.
- Photo and video strategy - Work with photographers to develop world-class photo and video content for use in marketing.
- Advertising – Assist the team in running existing advertising (social media, podcasts, magazines, etc.). Help identify new opportunities and unique campaigns.
- Community Management – Help our team respond to customer questions and other inquiries. We strive to wildly exceed our customer’s expectations with our quick responses and generosity.
- Partnerships - Develop new brand and influencer partnerships and work with existing partners.
- Outdoor events / trade shows – Assist in events such as the AAC Craggin Classic, Ouray Ice Festival, etc.
- 5+ years of experience working in the outdoor industry and / or product marketing
- Experience running social media and email marketing channels (Fbook business manager, MailChimp, etc.)
- Expertise with analytics and metrics (Google analytics, Shopify, Fbook ad manager, etc.)
- Proficient writer and communicator
- A high level of energy to rapidly grow with our company
- A strong eye for quality photography / videography
- Detail oriented and organized
- Outdoor sports enthusiast
- Experience with paid advertising (Fbook, Google PPC, etc.)
- Graphic design skills (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience managing photographers / content creators
- Negotiation skills
- Management and leadership experience
- Experience with or interest in radios
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Brand Marketing Manager Application”:
- Cover letter – please write us a brief letter detailing your interest in the role and our company.
- Work samples – please include examples of your writing in a professional context (social posts, email marketing campaigns, etc.).
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Bryce and Alex