We are no longer accepting applicants. Please stay tuned for future positions!
Location: US Remote
Salary: $50,000 to $70,000 / year (range based on experience)
Additional Benefits: Employee Equity and Healthcare Stipend
Vacation:4-weeks paid time off
The Rocky Talkie is a backcountry radio that launched in late 2019 (view our product backstory video here). The improvements versus competitive products are numerous: durability, reliability, ease-of-use (carabiner / leash system), size & weight, performance in the cold, etc. The product has a rapidly growing base of happy customers (see reviews here) in the USA and Canada. Although we initially designed it with climbers and skiers in mind, the radio has been adopted by a wide variety of outdoor enthusiasts and commercial applications. Our team has other products in the works for launch in 2022.
Our team is driven every day by the belief that better communication in the backcountry will save lives. As part of this mission, we donate $2 per radio to search and rescue teams around the country.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded individual to join us as our fifth full-time employee! As with any start-up, work within our company is extremely varied, and we are seeking someone with a wide range of skills and interests. This role is mainly focused on forming strong relationships with our customers, community members, and partners. We have built a reputation for exceeding expectations in our customer support with our level of care and generosity. The role will require becoming a subject matter expert in our technical product in order to help customers who reach out for guidance, and diagnose any issues they might have.
Rocky Talkie began as a passion project and we care deeply about our customers and their experience. We view customer service as one of the most strategic parts of our business. Since day one, our strategy has been to 1. create the best outdoor radios, and 2. have fantastic customer service (which is often lacking in this industry).
We are expanding rapidly, and your role will grow along with the company.
Areas of involvement include:
- Customer Support– Help our team respond to customer questions and other inquiries (via email and social channels). We strive to educate customers while exceeding their expectations via our responses and generosity.
- Customer experience –Track customer inquiries, analyze data to identify weaknesses in the customer journey (education, expectations, customer service, etc.), and implement creative solutions.
- Community Management – Actively engage with members of our community and the broader outdoor industry to keep engagement high and help grow our brand awareness.
- Other areas of involvement will be based on the candidate’s skill set and interests. Areas could include:
- Partnerships - Develop new brand and influencer partnerships.
- Outdoor events / trade shows – Assist in events such as the AAC Craggin’ Classic, Ouray Ice Festival, etc.
- Product Testing – Help us test current products and products that are in development.
- Recruiting – help us build an all-star team to make Rocky Talkie the go to radio brand in the outdoor industry!
- You are a radio expert and can answer both brand and technical questions quickly and competently.
- You support customers by going above and beyond their expectations and receive recognition in their customer reviews.
- You have identified important customer support metrics and created a monitoring system that provides ongoing updates on customer satisfaction with our services and products.
- You have established new informational and educational content to resolve customer questions before they even happen.
- You have found the brand voice and have engaged with the community, leading to a growth in Rocky Talkie’s brand.
- Proficient writer and communicator
- A high level of energy to rapidly grow with our company
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Experience working in the outdoor industry and / or product marketing
- Outdoor sports enthusiast
- Graphic design skills (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- A strong eye for quality photography / videography
- Social / community management experience
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership experience
- Experience with or interest in radios
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Customer Support Application”:
- Briefly introduce yourself and let us know about your interest in the role and our company.
- Please draft responses to these two sample support requests:
- "I heard from my buddy that you offer a SAR discount on these walkie talkies? If so, I'd love to purchase some. I work with Vail mountain rescue and have attached my rescue card. Thanks in advance!" Hint: Policy is 25% off for SAR (search and rescue) members and we create them a custom personalized discount code.
- "I am new to radios and was wondering what sets your radio apart from the $20 radios I can buy at Walmart? Thanks!"
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Rocky Talkie Team