Location: US Remote
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000 / year (range based on experience)
Healthcare Benefits: Platinum Anthem HMO Insurance plan (100% of premium paid)
Additional Benefits: Employee Equity
Vacation: 3 weeks paid time off, 4 weeks after year 1
Rocky Talkie launched in late 2019 with its signature product, a backcountry radio made for climbers and skiers (view our backstory video here). We are known for our commitment to making easy-to-use and durable radios for use in the backcountry, as well as our best-in-class customer service. Rocky Talkie has a rapidly growing base of happy customers (see reviews here) in the USA and Canada. Although we initially designed our radio with climbers and skiers in mind, the radio has been adopted by a wide variety of outdoor enthusiasts and commercial applications. Our team has other products in the works for launch in 2023.
Our team is driven every day by the belief that better communication in the backcountry will save lives. As part of this mission, we donate $2 per radio to search and rescue teams around the country.
We are seeking a technical, entrepreneurially-minded individual to join our fast-growing, exceptional team! This role is mainly focused on supporting and educating our customers - serving as a resident expert on our products in order to assist customers who reach out for guidance, and diagnose any technical issues they may be experiencing. We are expanding rapidly, and your role will grow along with the company.
Rocky Talkie began as a passion project and we care deeply about our customers and their experience. We have built a reputation for exceeding expectations in our customer support with our level of care and generosity. We view customer interactions as one of the most strategic parts of our business. Since day one, our strategy has been to 1. create the best outdoor radios, and 2. have fantastic customer service (which is often lacking in this industry).
Areas of involvement include:
- Technical Customer Support– Help our team respond to customer questions (primarily via email).
- Product Troubleshooting
- Technical radio questions (compatibility with other radio brands, will the radios work in X scenario, etc.)
- Customer Education - Help support our educational efforts throughout our channels (website, social, FAQ, user manual, etc.) to proactively answer questions for customers.
- Other -As a small team we work closely and cover for each other throughout the business. This role will occasionally help out as needed with inquiries through social media, pro-deal requests from customers, etc.
- You are a radio expert and can answer both brand and technical questions quickly and competently. You can explain complex concepts in layman's terms.
- You support customers by going above and beyond their expectations and receive recognition in their customer reviews.
- You have established new informational and educational content to resolve customer questions before they even happen.
- You have found the brand voice and have engaged with the community, leading to growth in Rocky Talkie’s brand.
- You are a flexible team player who has developed good communication habits essential to running a successful remote team.
- As a fully remote company, you enjoy working on a computer, attending video calls, and spending a majority of the day constructing emails and responding to inquiries.
- Proficient writer and communicator
- A high degree of technical radio interest and aptitude
- A high level of energy to rapidly grow with our company
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Humility, curiosity, and humor
- Experience with radios
- Outdoor sports enthusiast
- Experience in the outdoor industry
Please email the following to email@example.com with the subject line “Technical Customer Support Specialist”:
- Briefly introduce yourself and let us know about your interest in the role and our company.
- Please draft responses to these two sample support requests:
- "Hi my family and I own a ranch on 50 acres in Southwest Colorado. Will the Rocky Talkie work throughout my property?" Hint: give general range guidance for their situation and ask any required follow-up questions.
- "Hello there - I'm having trouble connecting with my buddy and his BCA radio. We're both on channel 16 and I can hear him on my radio, but he can't hear me on his radio. Can you please help?"
- Please let us know how you came across this job!
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Rocky Talkie Team